- Make a list of all the DIY jobs that you want your handyman to tackle. It is often possible to get more than one of your odd jobs done in a single visit ensuring you are getting better value for money.
- Ensure you have all the parts to do the job/s or request a quote first to get an idea of what is required to complete the job.
- Submit an enquiry and don’t forget to include as much detail as possible or for more complex jobs request a free consultation.
- Plan ahead and don’t leave booking a job in to the last minute. There are times when tradespersons can get booked up for some weeks in advance.
- Prepare for the work to be completed where necessary by clearing up the workspace. This will save your handyman some time and may enable the job to be completed much quicker.
Every change in season brings a fresh set of challenges which face us all when keeping our homes running smoothly all year round. With the onset of winter comes the rain, wind and frosts. These forces can wreak havoc with our homes unless we keep on top of basic maintenance. Now is a great time to ensure your gutters and drainage channels are cleared ensuring that excess water can easily drain away and prevent flooding or damp issues from developing. Leaves, silt and moss are the common offenders here and build up throughout the year. You may be surprised how much debris gets deposited by rain and washed from your roof in to your gutters every time it rains. Don’t fancy getting your hands dirty? Don’t like heights? Don’t have a ladder? Not sure where to start? Start by booking your gutter and gully clean today and help prepare your home for the winter. Handy Dan York can offer gutter and gulley cleans from just £40*. Price dependent on the size of the property.
*subject to availability within 10 mile radius of York.